Rochester General Health System Dedicates Rochester Ambulatory Surgery Center
October 10, 2013
State-of-the-Art Center Part of RGHS Vision for the Future of Health Care
Rochester General Health System (RGHS) today dedicated the Rochester Ambulatory Surgery Center, which will bring Rochester General’s recognized clinical excellence to a new state-of-the-art outpatient surgical facility. The Center, opening October 22 and located at 360 Linden Oaks Drive in the Linden Oaks Office Park, features a customized design, created through a multi-year planning process and extensive collaboration with the community’s leading physicians who will practice there. The facility integrates the latest advances in surgical technology in a setting that optimizes clinical processes and the patient experience.
Demand for ambulatory surgery has increased significantly in recent years, and is expected to continue to grow due to advances in medical technology and techniques that have enabled increasingly sophisticated surgical procedures to be performed outside the traditional hospital environment, in more convenient and affordable settings.
“It has long been part of our vision and core strategy to bring a comprehensive ambulatory care network to the Greater Rochester area,” said Mark Clement, president and CEO of RGHS. “This new facility gives our patients unparalleled access to our nationally recognized surgeons in the area’s most modern ambulatory care center. It’s the latest step towards realizing the potential of highest-quality, efficient, and cost-effective health care.”
That vision was shared in March 2012, when RGHS announced the acquisition of 360 Linden Oaks and the three-building Linden Oaks Medical Campus located across the street on Hagen Drive. The acquisition, one of the most significant clinical expansions in Rochester General’s more than 165-year history, provided the cornerstone of the overarching RGHS strategy to make premium health care services more readily available in convenient community settings.
“In this center, we will bring ambulatory surgery—procedures which do not require overnight hospital stays—to a more convenient location for patients and physicians,” remarked Hugh Thomas, senior vice president of ambulatory care and chief legal counsel for RGHS. “In the past 18 months, we have made considerable progress toward our vision; our community is beginning to reap the benefits.”
The Rochester Ambulatory Surgery Center is a 29,000-square-foot expansion to the medical office building located at 360 Linden Oaks Drive. It will replace the health system’s existing Lattimore Community Surgicenter. Before breaking ground in September 2012, RGHS actively sought physician input in the design of the center to create the best environment for patient care.
Specific features include:
- Six operating rooms, all larger and better suited for emerging technology than traditional ambulatory ORs. The 500-square-foot operating rooms provide ample space for state-of-the-art equipment and instrumentation, and uniquely feature natural lighting.
- Two minor-procedure rooms that will be similarly equipped, and specialized to accommodate less-invasive procedures.
- Features designed for the unique needs of pediatric patients and their families, including a designated waiting area within the main lobby, a highly skilled pediatric clinical team and special Saturday hours for certain pediatric procedures.
- A configuration that will require minimal patient transport and encourage comfortable recovery.
- Free parking conveniently located close to the entrance.
- Indoor access to the 49,000-square-foot medical office building, providing convenient access for the physicians who practice in that building.
- The center is easily accessible from Route 490, exit 23 (Penfield). http://www.lindenoaks.com/location.cfm?subpage=1029