Rochester General Sponsors 7th Annual Child Health & Safety Fair
September 06, 2012
Pediatric Emergency Department Takes the Lead
The Pediatric Emergency Department at Rochester General Hospital is sponsoring the 7th Annual Child Health and Safety Fair on Saturday, September 29th from 11 am - 2 pm at School 20 in Rochester. School 20 is located at 54 Oakman Street in the City.
Volunteers from the RGH Pediatric ED as well as various Community Agencies will provide a variety of services and educational information.
The health fair is FREE and open to the general public.
Among the offerings:
- FREE bike helmets and bike safety information
- Learn CPR for infants/toddlers (hands on demonstrations with mannequins)
- Poison prevention information
- Dental hygiene information with free toothbrushes, toothpaste and floss
- Free teddy bear clinic
- Nutritional table (free nutritional snacks, educational brochures)
- Back pack / School supplies (raffled out to kids attending the fair, all donated by RGHS employees)
- Free fingerprinting by the Rochester Police Department
- Fire safety education by the Rochester Fire Department
- Flu shots by the Monroe County Health Department