Helping Cancer Patients Find Their Way
With emotions to juggle, jargon to understand and appointments to schedule, a cancer diagnosis can be overwhelming. The RGHS Lipson Cancer Center’s Oncology Nurse Navigator program – unique in our region – matches patients with a dedicated contact, from diagnosis to recovery and survivorship.
Nurse Navigators help decipher the complex issues that can accompany a cancer diagnosis, and provide comfort and clarity to patients and families with such resources and services as:
- Unmatched, steadfast support and guidance for patients and their families
- Easier access to the appropriate care and treatment services
- Educational materials from the National Cancer Institute
- Help in reducing potential financial barriers to treatment
- Referrals for social work, transportation, home care and other outside services