Hill Haven was established in 1967 as a for-profit proprietary nursing home. With the addition of 17 rehabilitation beds in 1974, Hill Haven began its evolution toward today's 355-bed skilled nursing facility.
In January of 1993, Hill Haven became a not-for-profit nursing home and affiliated with Rochester General Hospital.
Hill Haven will be recognized as an outstanding facility where the people we serve live as fully and independently as they choose and are able in an environment that sustains and supports them.
To provide a living, personal environment that maximizes health, well-being and potential for the people we serve.
- Excellence. We work together to be the very best in everything we do.
- Respect. We treat each individual with respect, dignity and kindness and recognize their diversity and importance.
- Integrity. We are honest and ethical in all that we do and committed to our mission and vision.
- Partnership. We value teamwork with direct and open communication and based on mutual trust and respect. We support each other and work together with our customers toward our shared vision.
- Innovation. We encourage creativity and new ideas in our ongoing quest for better, more effective ways to live our mission, serve our various customers and achieve our goals.
- Stewardship. We are responsible stewards of the human, financial and physical resources that have been entrusted to us.
- Enjoyment. We take pleasure in our work, sharing joy with our customers. We celebrate each other's successes and bring a spirit of humor and fun to our important work. We recognize the need to balance all aspects of life.