ElderONE helps seniors remain independent by receiving the care they need while remaining in the place that they call home. ElderONE participants receive all of their health care and support services through the program. Primary care is provided by a PACE physician who is familiar with the history, needs and preferences of each of our seniors.
Interdisciplinary Care Team
The interdisciplinary care team is key to assessing and prescribing a complete medical plan for your aging loved one. A group of dedicated, experienced medical professionals work with you and your loved one to create an individualized health care plan to meet your unique needs.
The care team consists of:
- Primary Care Physician - Board-certified geriatrician who oversees senior's medical care
- Nurse Practitioner - works closely with the physician to provide medical care
- Nurses - Registered nurses working with the team to provide skilled nursing services and coordination in the PACE clinic and in the home setting
- Social Workers - provide coordination of community resources, helps answer money management questions, and assists with social and emotional concerns
- Recreation Coordinators - provide participants with activities including crafts, games, computer use and entertainment
- Chaplains - offers spiritual and emotional support for participants and their families
- Nutritionists - provide nutritional education and counseling
- ElderONE Drivers - coordinates travel to ElderONE PACE Center and all medical appointments in the community
Other team members include Nurses; ElderONE Center Manager; Home Health Aides; Physical, Occupational and Speech Therapists.
The patient doctor / ratio averages 150 patients to one medical doctor. The ElderONE provider network includes Rochester General Hospital and its many medical specialists.
The care team meets regularly to review your care plan and make changes when necessary.
Other services that ElderONE participants may receive when medically necessary include:
• Prescription Drugs (including over-the-counter medicines) - as part of the services provided to participants of ElderONE, you receive complete Medicare Part D prescription drug coverage. All prescription drugs and over-the-counter medications prescribed by an ElderONE doctor are provided.
• Acute hospital care, necessary emergency care and Nursing Home Care when needed and appropriate
• Care from medical specialists - in addition to primary care services, ElderONE participants may receive necessary care from specialists in audiology, optometry, cardiology, neurology, dentistry, podiatry and more
• All durable medical equipment & supplies - participants receive all medical equipment & supplies such as wheelchairs, walkers, hospital beds, incontinent supplies, and other items identified as medically necessary
+ Learn more about ElderONE, formerly Independent Living for Seniors
2066 Hudson Avenue
Rochester, NY 14617
Phone: (585) 922-2831
Toll-free: (855) 457-4636
Toll-free TTY: (800) 662-1220