Quality Outcomes & National Recognition
The Pursuit of Perfection
According to the American Heart Association, approximately one person in this country dies each minute due to a cardiac event. To meet the undeniable need for exceptional cardiac care, at the Sands-Constellation Heart Institute (SCHI) we have one simple rule: Never settle for anything less than perfection.
That standard drives SCHI's pursuit of excellence in every aspect of patient care and inspires our dedication to a process that has taken shape over two decades and continues to evolve today. Our record of excellence has earned SCHI some remarkable reviews.
- #1 Cardiac Care hospital in New York State and among the top 4 hospitals nationwide
- #3 hospital in New York State for Overall Hospital Care and Overall Surgical Care CareChex, the hospital quality ratings service of the The Delta Group (2011-2012)
- National Top 100 Cardiac Hospital - Thomas Reuters (nine times)
- Top Quality Rating for Cardiac Surgery Performance - Society of Thoracic Surgeons (2010)
- Exemplar Hospital for Infection Prevention - Institute for Healthcare Improvement (2011)
- Top Performing Hospital - Premier Healthcare Alliance (2011)
- Nurse Magnet Hospital - American Nurses Credentialing Center (2006, 2009, currently undergoing redesignation)
- Top 100 Integrated Health Networks - SDI Health (2007-2012)
- Sustained Improvement Award - U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (2011)
- NOVA Award for Improving Community Health - American Hospital Association (2011)
NEW: 2012 Sands-Constellation Heart Institute Cardiothoracic Surgery Outcomes
Rochester General Hospital, a Cleveland Clinic Heart Surgery Center, has released its 2012 Cardiothoracic Surgery Outcomes booklet. The booklet contains important information for anyone needing cardiac care.
Click here for the complete report or you may request a free copy of the Outcomes Booklet by calling (585) 922-5661