Lynn Garfunkel, MD
Associate Director of Pediatric Residency Program
Phone: (585) 922-4028
Faculty Title: Associate Professor of Pediatrics, University of Rochester
Medical School: Medical College of PA
Training and Fellowships: General Academic Pediatrics
Board Certifications: Pediatrics
Clinical Interests and Expertise: General pediatrics, primary care pediatrics, pediatric education, growth and nutrition, dermatology
Selected Publications of Interest:
- Garfunkel LC, Byrd RS, McConnochie KM, Auinger P. Resident and Family Continuity in Pediatric Continuity Clinic: Nine Years of Observation. Pediatrics 1998;101(1):37-42.
- Garfunkel LC, Kaczorowski J, Christy C, Editors. The Pediatric Clinical Advisor. Mosby-Year Book, Inc. St. Louis, MO. 2001. (2nd edition 2006)
- Barrett M, Garfunkel LC, Section III Health of the Developing Child/Adolescent, Editors. In: Educational Guidelines for Residency Training in General Pediatrics. Diane Kittredge, APA Project Director; Franklin Trimm, Section Liaison, et al. May, 2004.
- Garfunkel LC, Christy C, et al. Pediatric Dermatology. N. Easterly, L. Eichenfield, D. Morrell, A. Papier, L. Goldsmith (Eds), in Logicalimages, Visual Dx. (web-based diagnostic tool) Rochester, NY. 2004.
- Garfunkel LC, Sidelinger D, Rezet B, Blaschke G. Risko W. Achieving Consensus on Competency in Community Pediatrics. Pediatrics, April, 2005 (in press).
- Baldwin CD, Niebuhr VN, Miller S, Garfunkel LC, Doyne E, Rauch D, Fareri M, Barratt M. Developing a Competent Pediatrician: A Continuum Approach to Pediatric Education from Residency through Faculty Development. Abstract. Pediatric Academic Societies Annual Meeting, May 15, 2005