Unlike fad diets, the OPTIFAST program has been proven effective in more than 80 clinical studies and by more than 1 million people who have participated in the program since 1974.
|| February 2012
|"I have developed an appropriate sense of self-worth, I make time to work out regularly and have an unbelievable amount of energy. I practice mindful eating, plan ahead for meals, make my lunch at home, and my partner and I eat out at restaurants a lot less frequently. I sleep better, wake up easier, and find myself much more productive at work. My life is completely different since completing the OPTIFAST program." ~ Stephanie K.
OPTIFAST succeeds because it treats the whole you - not just your weight. OPTIFAST provides a comprehensive medical weight loss program. In an OPTIFAST program, you'll be closely monitored and given the support, counseling, lifestyle education and great-tasting meal replacements to help you enjoy long-term weight loss and significantly reduce weight-related health risks. One study of 20,000 patients showed:
Five-year follow-up studies show that over 50% of people who complete the OPTIFAST program keep enough weight off to improve their health long term. * What's the secret? Participants say it's because OPTIFAST isn't just a diet - it's a community that provides ongoing support during and long after weight loss.
The typical OPTIFAST patient loses 52 pounds in 22 weeks. The well-documented weight loss success of the OPTIFAST Program is based on the use of meal replacements during the active weight loss phase of the program.
Simple and effective, OPTIFAST meal replacements allow you to benefit from:
- High-quality, complete nutrition
- Pre-portioned and calorie-controlled servings
- Quick and simple preparation
- Freedom from having to make food choices
Adjusting to a full meal replacement food plan typically only takes about one week. Afterward, many OPTIFAST patients report they feel more energetic than they have for a long time.
Positive change can occur quickly. In addition to losing weight, you will improve your health, learn new healthier eating habits and engage in activities so that when you return to self-prepared foods, you are better equipped to manage your weight long term.
- 10 Optifast participants who are 10 weeks into the 20 week program lost an average of 48 lbs!
- 5 Optifast participants that have completed the 20 week program over 6 months ago lost an average and maintained 64lbs!
OPTIFAST's medical monitoring provides:
- A comprehensive medical exam including an EKG and necessary lab tests
- Weekly check-up by our medical staff, most frequently by one of our board-certified endocrinologists. We medically monitor your progress, health and ensure that the doses of any medications you are taking, and/or the calorie level of your diet are adjusted accordingly.
- Our health professionals will provide you with information on lifestyle education along with tips on how to include exercise in your daily routine.
- OPTIFAST program registered dieticians will guide you to better nutrition habits; working with you long-term to find an eating pattern that is healthy and realistic for you.
We have offered the OPTIFAST program for over 25 years. Our OPTIFAST staff is here for the long term to help you maintain your success.
If you need to lose 50 lbs. or more, OPTIFAST, our medically supervised weight loss program may be the answer you're looking for.