The Newark-Wayne Community Hospital Inpatient Psychiatric Unit is a 16 bed acute inpatient psychiatric unit. The unit provides medical and psychiatric services to adults with a diagnosis of psychotic disorders, affective disorders, organic brain syndrome and anxiety disorders with associated personality disorders and substance abuse problems.
We provide inpatient psychiatric care and emergency psychiatric services for Wayne, Ontario, Yates and Seneca counties. Patients may be referred by themselves, family members, physicians, other mental health service providers and court or legal agencies. Access to these services is also available through our Emergency Department.
The specific services provided on One South include a variety of treatment modalities by a multidisciplinary team:
- Crisis Intervention and stabilization
- Interpersonal Therapy
- Individual Behavioral Therapy
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Psychoeducational and Group Therapy
- Milieu Therapy
- Activities Therapy
- Electroconvulsive Therapy
- Social Work Services
- Medical Management
- A full range of hospital services such as radiology services, dietary services, laboratory services and others are also provided.
Current staffing consists of:
- Medical Director/Associate Chief of Psychiatry
- Attending/Admitting Physicians
- Director of Nursing
- Nurse Manager
- Registered Nurses
- Psych Tech.
- Mental Health Aides
- Activities therapist
- Psychiatric Social Work
- Unit Secretaries
The inpatient psychiatric unit is open twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week.
Mark Daniels, RN, Nurse Manager (315) 332-2441