An Exciting Evolution in Patient Care
The B. Thomas Golisano Pavilion and Emergency Center is an example of Rochester General Health System's ongoing mission to provide the highest quality patient care and to best serve the Rochester community.
Opened in October 2009, the Emergency Department was built from the ground up to take full advantage of the latest innovations in emergency and cardiothoracic medicine, this 88,000+ square-foot facility nearly doubles the space devoted to these areas. While significantly larger, this impressive space is also designed to bring patients, medical personnel, and vital resources closer together - proximilty that will both enhance and streamline patient care and safety.
Important Phone Numbers
The central and largest area of our Emergency Department is dedicated to maximize patient care, reduce distances medical personnel need to travel, and shorten ED stays. Other benefits include:
- All patients are in close proximity to medical personnel, who can see them from one of two central workstations
- Offers additional and enhanced technology including a dedicated CT scanner and X-ray, as well as portable devices designed to eliminate uncertainty and enhance efficiency
- High-quality pediatric care in our Pediatric Emergency Department
- Contains a discreet Crisis Intervention Unit for patients in need of psychiatric care
Other features of the new B. Thomas Golisano Pavilion and Emergency Center include a new Trauma & Resuscitation Suite that is designed to treat critical injuries and the sickest of patients. The Trauma & Resuscitation Suite:
- Accommodates up to four patients at one time
- Located just 25 steps from a dedicated ambulance entrance for rapid evaluation and stabilization
- Utilizes technological advancements in diagnostics and monitoring equipment
- Features direct proximity to emergency ultrasound and X-ray resources