Home
MyCare - Patients: View your medical records securely online here.
Log in Learn More

Record Group 6

Record Group 6  The Twigs  ca. 1887-1993

25 boxes (14 linear ft.)

Arranged alphabetically and chronologically.

Consists of materials of the Twig Committee including board minutes (1920s-70s); presidents' comm. minutes (1930s-70s); financial records of the Gift & Coffee Shops (1955-76); gifts to the hospital (1921-66); treasurer's reports (1953-79); materials on the ca. 130 individual Twigs (1890-1970s) including gifts, meeting minutes, membership rolls, etc. Includes historical writings on the Twigs; general subject files; scrapbooks and clippings; publications (1890s-1990s); and photos.

The Twigs are a volunteer organization that provides project funding, materials and labor for the Rochester General Hospital. A member of the Board of Lady Managers formed the first Twig as a philanthropic and social club in 1887 when she and several friends lunched and then sewed napkins for the hospital. The original members recruited other volunteers, and soon the "Parent Stem" had many Twig offshoots. The Twigs continue the tradition of the combination of both "social" and "charity" today. The Twigs have donated essential equipment, wards, and services to the Rochester General Hospital, and continue to be a major force in the Hospital's development.