Find directions to Newark-Wayne Community Hospital
Convenient, free parking is available. Handicapped-accessible parking spaces are also available for your convenience. A free wireless network is available throughout the hospital.
General Visitor Guidelines & Visiting Hours
- The number of visitors is dependent on the needs and comfort of the patient as well as the needs and comfort of the second patient in a semi-private room. The impact of patient's visitors on the overall environment of care will be considered. Please respect the request of unit nursing staff if they should occasionally have to ask you to limit numbers of visitors or times of visitation.
- Children under the age of 14 (in all other units) must be supervised by an adult at all times.
- Visitors with cold symptoms or gastrointestinal flu symptoms are strongly discouraged from visiting. If visiting is deemed absolutely necessary, visitors must strictly adhere to proper hand washing and wear hospital-issued mask and gloves. Unit nursing staff will provide these materials when requested. Visits should be kept short.
- Visitation conflicts or deviation from policy adherence will be referred to the Charge Nurse, Nurse Manager, Director or Off-Shift Director. Safety and Security Department officers will be contacted as necessary.
- All doors into the building are secured at 8:00 pm. Visitors entering the hospital after 8:00 pm may park in the ramp garage and enter the hospital from the Emergency Department entrance on the Ground Floor. A public safety officer will issue a visitor pass which must be worn while in the hospital.
- Overnight visitation may occur in a private room setting. In circumstances of request for overnight visitation in a semi private room, honoring the privacy of the second patient is very important. Therefore, the charge nurse may approve the request based on the patient situation and only if the second patient or other responsible person agrees.
- Because your diet is often considered part of your treatment plan, visitors may not bring food to you unless they’ve cleared it with your physician or nurse.
Please note the visiting hours for some of our other patient areas below:
3:30 pm - 5:00 pm & 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm
One South (Weekends)
2:00 pm - 5:00 pm & 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm
Spouse / Significant Other: Unlimited
Other family members, friends, siblings (with adult supervision): 11:30 am - 8:30 pm
Children under 15 limited to siblings when the baby is in the room.
Email and Internet Access
Newark-Wayne provides our visitors and patients with free wireless internet access. Click here to learn how to access this wireless service.
Also, friends and family have the option of sending a patient an email message or greeting using our Email a Newark Wayne Community Hospital Patient application. Please note: messages sent using this application are not secure. Please do not include personal or confidential information. The emails are delivered by volunteers at the hospital.
The hospital's Cafeteria is located on the Lower Level and is open Mon.-Fri. 11:00 am - 1:30 pm.
The Snack Bar, in the main lobby is open Mon. - Fri. 7:00 am - 8:00 pm, and Sat. and Sun. 8:00 am - 3:00 pm
Vending machines, located in the Emergency Department Lobby, 2-South and on the 2-West unit.
DeMay Living Center Gift Shop - The shop, located in the DeMay Living Center Lobby, is open from 11:30 am - 2:30 pm on weekdays, offering a small assortment of gift and snack items.
The Mulberry Tree Gift Shop offers a selection of magazines, fresh flowers, cards and gift items. Located in the main lobby, the gift shop is staffed by volunteers and members of the Newark-Wayne Auxiliary. Gift Shop hours are Mon. - Fri. 9:30 am - 8:00 pm. Weekend hours are varied.