Adult Day Care
Changing How You Live, Not Where You Live
Friends for the Day is a medical adult day care health care program designed to enable those in our community to remain at home, but receive comprehensive health care services and socialization during the day in a senior community setting.
This senior care program serves frail elders, seniors with medical needs, and disabled adults by supporting personal independence while promoting social, physical, and emotional well-being and providing respite for caregivers.
Our adult day care services include:
- Medical & nursing care
- Personal care including assistance with bathing, toileting, grooming, etc.
- Rehabilitation services to restore and maintain function
- Therapeutic recreation to encourage socialization and participation in enriching activities
- Social work services to provide case management and counseling
- Nutritional counseling, meals and snacks
- Door to door transportation to and from program
Friends for the Day is staffed with medical professionals, including a licensed registered nurse, NYS certified nurse aides, a social worker, physical, occupational and speech therapists, and a therapeutic recreation specialist.
The Friends for the Day adult day care program is available Monday through Friday, 8:00 am – 4:00 pm. Participants may attend any number of days per week, on a scheduled basis, with a physicians order. An individualized plan of care is designed to meet the needs of each registrant in a safe and supervised environment
The Friends for the Day program is available through Medicaid and private payment.
Learn More About Adult Day Care
For more information about our adult day care program or to make a referral, contact the program director at (315) 332-2317.